Monday 5 May 2008

What does 958 Kw mean?

As a mechanical engineering student, I was (and still) one who finds it hard sometimes (and all the time) to give significance to numbers, in a thermodynamics class for example I would moan about how its hard for us students to translate numbers into values, simply put, you always hear these questions: so what does it mean that it's power is 100 watt? what if its 1000 kw? what about a MEGA!...does it matter to us , students? and lovely readers?


Well, as a matter of fact, it doesn't , as long as it stays in that class.


However...


Today, I finally learnt the lesson, the hard way, we recieved the electricity bill, sebastian was trying to put it in nice words, but his face was telling of something bad, real real bad!


958 kW means...tararara...117 euro ! 130 dinar !


Goodbuy saving money dreams, goodbuy my lovely weekend at the beach and goodbuy a book I wanted to buy!


Well, 1000 Kw = 1 Mw , thats what we spent in 2 months, electricity only, now, correct me if I am wrong, isn't it not 30 Jds as an average in Jordan? the whole house?


Ehhh...Will update you about the water bill, the internet bill, the ....




No comments: