Wednesday 2 July 2008

Hola Mai!




Dear Mai,

You wrote a comment wanting to know more about Granada, and feeling some sort of connection with this city, well...you are right, you have to be jealous! and its really great to be here living as a "Granadino"

I will tell you why I love this city:

I wake up early in the morning after having slept on the roof, just like I do in Amman, but its the old jewish quarter that I live in, called the Realjo, I lean backward and forward and see glimpses of Alhambra, feel good and start my day.

Go to my university, few blocks away, through the roses planted Gran via de colon, I can take the bus or simply do a 15 mins walk...I prefer to walk usually, because suddenly I decide to take a left or a right turn and discover the inner streets and balconies of Granada people.

In the noon comes the Siesta, everything holds still and the city is silent again, the shops open back at 5 o'clock, I decide to go to the gym or cook like I ever do my Pasta...

In the night, its time to go out, TAPAS (read an earlier post) , is what people go out to do , they talk and talk and talk, and if they have some enegy left go and dance all through the night.

Mai, the arabic heritage is apparent here, but lets not forget that what makes this city alive as well are things that the spanish have worked hardly to have, I love good looking spanish women! I just find them stylish in a way...I love it when there is a wedding in a church, everybody is super dressed up and elegant..

You must come, I leave you with some welcoming pictures...


Spanish people..I love them! they're just , I don't know, people who live to live, don't talk about politics or relegion, love family and friends, work hard and party hard! ... In Spain I cannot believe how many fiestas (celebrations) there are, I went the other day to the Fiesta del Agua, which is going to the streets of a near by village and play with water! water ballons, fountains, water pipes that throw water on us...people went crazy!screaming : Ducha al agua, Ducha al agua..I will write a seperate post.


So thats it, full answer will come in many many posts,,


The Jordanian Granadino,


Catalyst...

1 comment:

Mai Daader said...

A two years late Big THANK YOU !!!!!

i just re activated my blog, and now i will read yours, wait for more comments from me!

the claimed Mai