Wednesday 10 September 2008

Reasons...





Writing page three…



I’m listening to Collin’s “Least you can do” and resting a bit from the very nice party we just had in the terrace upstairs, it was Martje’s birthday from Holland, her 23rd.
Everybody’s comment that we’re living in a very nice building, some commented that it is like Dracula’s mansion, and I added that I often see a window or a door I never saw before! It is truly like that, our Cuchilleros apartment; I leave you with some pictures (next time!)…
We were a bunch of internationals, speaking in Spanish, English, German, French…etc, it was cool, had a very interesting discussion with Bethany from the states, she asked me first whether or not I observe Ramadan, it was this kind of a situation in which you would want to say yes because it is expected that you should, however, it was a No, and I told here I have no excuse whatsoever why this is so, we also talked about religions and what we like and don’t , she told me how she comes from the Unitarian something church, the most profound part how she told me that she believes in spirituality and (it is Two hearts now playing) how that is fulfilled by her doing good to people and not doing bad, not hating, not stealing…etc, for seconds I thought about what children like me back in the days were told, how we are highly spiritual and others not, how they are confused by their materialism, I don’t want to criticize now, but its just going back to that moment and be confronted with this that made me think like this.
And as I have been doing lately, I told her about my science fiction novel idea, and her reaction was great, she told me she really is excited about the idea, how she thinks its original and fresh, and as always, I felt truly encouraged, now more than ever, to write this book, I have to write it, will I really do it?…


Hence, writing page three, for I have written two pages so far :)


On another subject, I was told today that I could postpone my studies for this semester in Granada and go back and conclude them in Jordan, and then come back again in January for the spring semester, and I am doing that, however, I have been thinking all day long about the reasons, and they are good enough that I want to share…
1- I want to go back to Jordan to finish my studies and get my degree and be freer in whatever I want to do afterwards.
2- I want to go back to Jordan because I am in an urgent and vital need of a feedback of what I have been doing here for the last 7 months, what I did, what I didn’t and what I should do in the future in my second coming.
3- I want to go back because I kind of forget the things that annoy me about Jordan, I have to get annoyed again, this will make me want to change things and will make me remember about my stay In Spain.
4- I want to go back because I miss home, friends and family.
5- I want to go back because I want to learn proper cooking.
6- I want to go back because I want to work in a Jordanian environment, meet some new Jordanian people and friends, and fresh it up a bit.
7- I want to go back to Jordan because I don’t want to spend autumn here.
8- I want to go back to Jordan because I want to give love for the people who love me, and to have a better attitude dealing with them.
9- I want to go back to Jordan because I want to go on a bike trip somewhere in the north, or the dead sea area (Anybody wants to join?).
10- I want to go back to Jordan because I want to read books, Arabic books and understand the blank spaces I ever left blank in my Arabic literature education.
11- I want to go back to Jordan to inspire who wants to interact with me, and to be inspired by what they would have to say.
12- I want to go back to Jordan, because I want to remember how bad our transportation system is, to write about that, to give ideas, to try to make it better, even if in people’s minds.
13- I want to go back to Jordan to realize the kind of problems we are in, to investigate the possible solutions and to try to help as much as I can.
14- I want to go back to Jordan to eat Homos and falafel and foul at Hashem, to buy from reem a mighty shawermah, to buy courageously a zinger from KFC and sit like a teenager in the food court of City Mall, to buy chocolate and dip it in Nescafe.
15- I want to go back to Jordan because I want to sleep an over night at my grandmother’s house, I want to teach her some Spanish words, and to read with her the newspaper, because I want to spend the week end with my father in Ajloun.
16- I want to go back to Jordan, because I want to see the university I left, its students, their ideas and life, I want to give a 15 min lecture on renewable energy related subjects, but I will have to coordinate this, I want to do my research project on renewable energy in Jordan.
17- I want to go back to Jordan so that I could drive my mum’s Toyota.
18- I want to go back to Jordan to play with Omar, Noor, Zain, Khaled, Hamzah my nephews and nieces.
19- I want to go back to Jordan to interact somehow with the Spanish community we have there, through the Spanish cultural center and Spanish language speakers.
20- I want to go back to Jordan, because Jordan is my soul mate.

And many more

No comments: