Wednesday 27 August 2008

What am I doing here?

A good question, I asked myself this morning...

I don't know! was, is, and will be the answer, but I am not complaining, I like it, absolute freedom, in a city that I bonded with, well enough, to know that I can confidentely call myself GRANADINO.

Going to the modern languages center in the morning, getting my everyday spanish drill, and then do the ever evolving pasta with new additives, enjoying a siesta in the 35 degrees outside weather, hitting the gym in the early evening, and joining whomever for a tapas in the night. Complicated life reduced to simplicity...

Of course I'm quiet annoyed about several things:

- For a long time now , I didn't read a book , the last was "the witch of portbello" by Cohello, I bought the book in Stockholm for the mere reason of wanting to know if my credit card works, it did, and I read the book, hmm...wasn't really impressed, but who am I to give an opinion now? I need to read a book 3 times before I fully understand it.

-My spanish seems to have stuck with some words, vocab and expressions, but I'm not learning 10 words a day as it was in the beginning, maybe less than a word a day these days. Of course I'm growing more confident speaking the language, but thats such a flase feeling.

- I'm afraid to say so, but I'm really used to the city, I walk in it like a professional driver, means the chances are I have more sense about the city and its logic than I do about Amman for instance. An idea hit me lately that I need to live in some new places in Jordan, I always wanted to live in: Wadi al kamar - Rum , Dana , Ain Jana, Aqaba. I might very well do, really?

Talk to you soon , maybe in five minutes!

No comments: