Tuesday 19 August 2008

A message from a friend!

I just love this style of messages, and I love it so much that I had to post it, no matter how weired that might seem!, writing messages to other people is an art by itself, and I guess I should be learning something from this.


So you've completed your epic journey... merely a prologue to the adventures to come i'm sure.

So now that most of europe has been ticked off of your list do you find yourself back in Granada?

I'm currently sitting in the University Library after having completed one of my two scheduled re-sits which have proved such a heavy burden over the last few weeks. I might have got a pass by answering a question which came to me like a flash of light in the dying minutes of the exam. It seems that Mr. Brain didn't let me down after all.

It's good to hear from you again, I wasn't sure whether to messege whilst you were the 'manual labour' in sweden. I was afraid that you might have been kept in a shed without internet and worked to inhumane levels. I trust this wasn't the case though, and you had a beautiful time.

I have to thank you for your message and gift which was awaiting us in the morning of your departure from Krakow, It was a pleasent surprise AND an opportunity for me to learn more about Jordan! Needless to say, I was a happy boy.

As I had such an important exam this morning I felt the only true way to prepare would be to stay up late and watch a movie. So I settled down for the 2.5 hours that make up one of the most visually pleasing, impressive and awe inspiring films I've ever seen. "2001: A Space Odyssey". What a good film... made 40 years ago and still has a lot of power. If you've not already seen it I can only hope to nudge you in its direction. As a aspirational science fiction writer I would suggest it's an important science fiction film.

So life has twisted your arm and got you into doing unsavoury things? I knew the day would come when you had smoked 15 cigarettes. I'm sorry it was so soon. What have you planned for your quiet two weeks? Reading, eating, cooking, philandering, partaking in some mischief and debauchery?I hope that whatever it is, you enjoy it and I look forward to hearing the plans!Hope this finds you well,Rich

No comments: